I bought this Apple iPhone 6 64GB when on the first day of sale, September 19 2014.
It has been over a month after switching from Apple iPhone 5 (skipping iPhone 5S). Here are my thoughts and some are based on comparison with previous Apple iPhone 5.
Box & Contents
- simple & neat design
- same layout of content: Apple iPhone on top; Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic, Apple 5W USB Power Adapter, Lightning to USB cable for charging and sync
- It’s the problem of Apple but every phone manufacturer. New phone is bundled with power adapters, headphone and lightning to USB/micro-USB to USB cable which may become surplus to users when they upgrade their phones.
Design & Quality
- thin but still managed to have a comfortable grip.
- bigger screen than iPhone 5
- first impression a bit like Samsung Galaxy series
- silver color is good personally as iPhone has not offered black color.
- iPhone 6 size still allows single hand operation. Personally, Apple iPhone 6 Plus is too big.
- Apple Touch ID works great but Apple Pay is not available here as it is limited to US only.
- built-in NFC is useless here unless and until Apple release its use to third party apps access.
- VoLTE is supported. With carrier support from CSL 1010, iPhone 6 doesn’t need to switch to 3G network for making a phone call.
- initial iOS 8 is a nightmare! It causes malfunctioning of connecting Bluetooth handsfree/headset.
- iOS 8.1 enables Apple Pay (again not available here) and personally it finally fixes Bluetooth problem.